Saturday, August 4, 2007

Capitulation on FISA

This is my letter to Sen. Ken Salazar that I just sent today:


Obviously you do not take your promise to fight for Coloradans seriously.

I feel betrayed by your actions as my representative. Your vote shows your inability to understand how the executive branch misuse of power has *decimated* rural Colorado. If you cannot make the connect between the executive branch's complete and utter lack of compassion for the American people, and your capitulation of FISA then you should not represent us.

Because WE are the ones suffering from widespread corruption and loss of freedoms.

To vote yes on *any* bill that expands the powers of this Attorney General, is a slap on the face to us. You have ceded your last remaining legislative powers to the executive branch because of threats by Bush to keep you in session until you pass the exact FISA legislation he demands.

If you did not for see how this vote would effect your constituents and your integrity, then obviously you are out of touch with your own party and the wishes, beliefs, and ideals of America.


I am appalled and extremely frustrated by your lack of caring for the people you represent. I would suggest that you leave the politics of fear behind and instead trust in the Constitution and the crucial role of checks and balances in our government.



Salazar was one of 16 Senate Dems who gave into Bush's domestic wiretapping demands yesterday.

Shameful and appalling. This ceding of legislative power to the executive branch has major repercussions for all of us.

I would suggest looking into this matter and letting your voice be heard. If we don't get involved, we will all be screwed.

Especially our children. What kind of country are we leaving them?

Peace

No comments: