Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Trees



Its a small step for me, but I love my lemon and lime trees. I am not a house plant type. ESPECIALLY since I have never bought one. Thus, if I am ever in a position to take care of one I get really resentful. I never asked for that kind of responsibility! Fortunately my husband understands and waters his own plants.

However, I did buy my trees and I love them. And now they are starting to show fruit!! Check this crazy shit out:

Can you see the lime in the upper right?


Baby limes

Almost there!


Budding lemons





Ahhhh, I love them. I do not resent them in the slightest.
On another note, Jeff and I went hiking on the lower Barr Trail yesterday. The switchbacks kicked....my....ass. I dunno why I choose a freakin hard trail because I am a NOVICE. Oh well, we still had fun. And I like it when Jeff looks out for me (um, hon, your face is bright red and you are breathing like a bull in heat. You might want to stop for a while).

I am still doing my 3 mile power walk at the Paint Mines every morning, so hopefully I will be in better shape by the end of this summer.



****UPDATE********************************************************
Some rascally varmint stole the lime from my tree! It's gone! That sucks the big one. Stay tuned to see if any other lemons and/or limes survive!
*********************************************************************




PEACE.

No comments: