Thursday, April 5, 2007

The truth always needs to be practiced....

We all know Attorney General Gonzales will be speaking before the Senate Judiciary soon.

(if you don't know its probably cause you still get your news from the MSM - ummm I wouldn't recommend that route. Unless you make important conclusions about our government from Anna Nicole stories and coyotes in Quiznos).

The Washington Post online informs us:

Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales has retreated from public view this week in an intensive effort to save his job, spending hours practicing testimony and phoning lawmakers for support in preparation for pivotal appearances in the Senate this month, according to administration officials.

After struggling for weeks to explain the extent of his involvement in the firings of eight U.S. attorneys, Gonzales and his aides are viewing the Senate testimony on April 12 and April 17 as seriously as if it were a confirmation proceeding for a Supreme Court or a Cabinet appointment, officials said.

Ed Gillespie, a former Republican National Committee chairman, and Timothy E. Flanigan, who worked for Gonzales at the White House, have met with the attorney general to plot strategy. The department has scheduled three days of rigorous mock testimony sessions next week and Gonzales has placed phone calls to more than a dozen GOP lawmakers seeking support, officials said.

Doesn't it seem really weird that Gonzales has to "practise testimony" and "plot strategy"?

I realize that this is an important interview and a complex situation. But the truth should be pretty easy to tell. Unfortunately this administration has made lying and covering your ass a pretty routine matter in Washington.

I think lying sucks. I think hiding the truth and co-ordinating stories suck.

Especially from government officials.

People might say I am a rube for believing that our government's job is to serve the people.......

But I say no amount of cynicism and spin can change the definition of Democracy.

And I don't need to spend all week figuring out how to prove it.

Duh.

No comments: