Thursday, March 15, 2007

Can you feel it?

I realize every generation has its pivotal moments, but I am beginning to understand the depth and importance of the crossroad we are standing at today in America.

How Americans respond to war escalation (aka surge) and how we vote in 2008, will have a huge impact on America's global leadership. Zbigniew Brzezinski was on the Daily Show last night. It was a very powerful, scary interview.

He basically said that Bush Jr.'s administration deserves an F (Bush Sr. got a B, Clinton a C) and that we are at a crucial time in American history. If we stay "on course" with Iraq, it will lead to staying "on course" with Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. He said it will most likely lead to a 20 year war with the Middle-East (without much help from the rest of the globe). I have heard this prognosis before....but it really sunk in this time.

My daughter has already grown-up the past 4 years in a country "at war". Just think for a moment......if we "stay the course" our children could spend their teenage years and twenties at war.

Is that the legacy we wish to create? Hell No! I will not sacrifice my child's happiness and welfare for war-profiteering.

Will you?

Time to get active. Colorado state legislators debated and passed a resolution on the war in Iraq yesterday.......and really....... take a few seconds, follow the link and read about the resolution and the cost of war on Coloradans.....please?

Monday marks the 4 year anniversary of the US war and occupation of Iraq. This weekend is important. More and more Americans are realizing now is the time to stand up for what we believe in. There will be rallies and demonstrations throughout the nation.

Jeff and I will be attending one on Saturday in Taos (a weekend of fun, music & war protestin' yee-haw :)

Here is the info for Colorado Springs:

Stop the Insanity!

Sunday, March 18th 2007 2pm
Colorado Springs, CO USA

We will have a rally with live music, speakers, and food.Location: Acacia Park 300 N. Nevada Colorado Springs CO 80909


Here is a link for events throughout the US.

I know I have about 3 people who look at my blog....hehe heh. But in this case, every individual is important.


Now is the time to get active and stand up to our war, before it becomes our children's war.

Oh yeah - and Vote in 2008.

Peace.

No comments: