I seem to be going through an ethical conundrum lately. Without trying too hard I am finding out about a very disturbing trend in our country. Just by using the library, netflix, and the intrenets (keep it free!) my whole worldview has changed.
What I was told was up......turns out to be down. Black appears to be white. I can no longer sit and eat junk food while watching corny movies, without getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
My problem is how do I handle the situation?
Do I ignore it? Escape into reading, American Idol, chips & dip, the History Channel (oops I better be careful with that channel....history repeating itself tends to be an alarming message.......whew I turned it to HGTV)
Or do I stand up and speak up about my concerns?
Well the problem is that I don't want to be dismissed or marginalized.
But I also don't want the government to read my emails or tap my phones. I don't want to live in a country where the government dictates what the meaning of patriotism is to me.
On the other hand, I don't want my friends and family to think I am a paranoid, raving lunatic.
but what if I am not?
No comments:
Post a Comment