okay maybe not random paranoia - but a disconcerting paranoia. It appears I am slightly paranoid of expressing my opinions. WTF?
I have noticed in myself a rush to fear the government "If I post that on my blog, write that in an email, or go to that meeting....I might be pissing off the government". I know that is ridiculous, not only is there freedom of speech - but why on earth would the government give a rat's patoody about me?
So rationally - no, I do not believe there will be repercussions if I vocalize my beliefs. But every time I publicly state my beliefs I get anxious. I have never felt that way before, but I guess after learning about wiretapping, suspension of Habeas Corpus, and people being videotaped at protests......... I am beginning to censor myself more.
Do I honestly believe we are moving towards fascism? Ummm I think the Bush Administration has tried to inch us there, but I believe in America. We will not allow that to happen.
So it is self-inflicted paranoia which keeps me from speaking up and voicing my concerns. That's lame. We shouldn't live in a culture of fear.
Perhaps this is just my issue, but I am curious whether other people feel this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment