Okay this is my 3rd post today.....I am slowly beginning to realize I should organize my thoughts first and then blog. But since I am going to be snuggling with my ho-nay all weekend and won't have time for bloggin, check this out:
Read this article by Ari Melber at The Nation
here is a teaser:
"The fight was not so much about religion or online obscenity as power. The netroots are the most aggressive, ascendant force in progressive politics, wielding more members, money and media impact than most liberal organizations. In the 2006 election cycle, MoveOn alone spent more than every other liberal political action committee except the prochoice EMILY's List. According to the Institute for Politics, Democracy and the Internet, online donors gave Kerry $82 million in 2004, and Democrats expect much more in 2008. (Bush pulled only $14 million from the web.) And now top bloggers--like Jerome Armstrong, Markos Moulitsas and Glenn Greenwald--have hundreds of thousands of readers, successful books and a bully pulpit in print and broadcast media"
The Netroots are on the rise! We have the power to think and analyze, and now we have the power to communicate and take action.
I think I am feeling some audacious hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment