
It snowed last night. We live in a small town (approx. 1000 pop.) on the eastern plains of Colorado.
Calhan is a very beautiful town, but I miss being next to the mountains. I grew up looking at Pike's Peak every morning to give me strength to endure the mediocrity of high school. So although the plains are scenic, I once again need some mountain strength. Plus everyone in town assumes everyone else is Christian and agrees with the religious right. I am not Christian, but do respect the teachings of the New Testament. In fact I really like learning about the Christian faith, it is fascinating. But the religious right political movement scares me to the depths of my core.
We do not have enough discussion in this country about how the religious right has co-opted a faith and fed good, righteous people a pack of lies and deceits. We just happen to be a little closer to the action living in southern Colorado (shout out to Pastor Ted!)
The hypocrisy is horrifying.
Since my brother was kind enough to start this blog, I will respect his efforts and try to post regularly. But I am a bit rusty when it comes to sharing my thoughts with others. So I am going to organize my days by themes. Listen up sisterfish readers, this is how it is gonna roll....
- Monday : freestyle
- Tuesday : relevant news not in MSM (mainstream media)
- Wednesday : websites I look at
- Thursday : books to free your mind
- Friday : dvds I groove on
- Saturday : music I groove to
Or maybe not, but that is the plan.
PS I like the picture cause I am wearing the necklace my delicious husband got me for V-day when we first started dating. Otherwise I look kinda old.
<>
No comments:
Post a Comment