to be on the internets today. I also hate doing book reviews. Why am I recommending books on Thursdays then? Because I love books.
Love: Books
Hate: Book reviews
The exception was when I booktalked at my former job in Teen Services at the downtown library. Hmmmm that is a thought, maybe I should just write booktalks instead of stuffy book reviews. Perhaps next week, if I am in a internets kinda mood.
Actually my first book to recommend would work really well in a booktalk. It is in the kick ass genre of "Teen/Young Adult Fiction". Which is my favorite genre. The books are (usually) relevant, accessible, absurdly intelligent, and substantial. The are hardly ever too long and burdensome. I love me some teen books.
So read An Abundance of Kathrines by John Green
Then check out his website found in the back of the book (I'm not making it easy for you!) and become a fan of Brotherhood 2.0. It will blow you away.
Hopefully tomorrow I will love me some internets as much as I love me some teen fiction.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment