Monday, February 26, 2007

Interesting tidbits

Holy Crapolis! Now that my brother has learned me in the ways of Google Reader I can dance my information jig even more.....here are some interesting items for your Monday morning

I don't know if James C. really did find Jesus's tomb - but he made a documentary about it. I am just for a rational approach for trying to figure out history. Even if it involves people/events that people worship in these modern times.

Are we really going to let this administration drag us into a war with Iran? Really? Really?

Oh yeah and this headline on Democracy Now - cannot be right!

16 Million Americans Now in Deep Poverty

The number of Americans living in deep or severe poverty has reached nearly 16 million. A new analysis by the McClatchy Newspapers found that the number of severely poor Americans grew by 26 percent since 2000. During this time period, the share of national income going to corporate profits has dwarfed the amount going to wages and salaries.

How do I know it isn't right? Because yesterday morning I watched the news love-fest, morning shows and was told that the economy is doing great! Why can't the poor just accept that fact? Jeeesh.

Peace.

No comments: