Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love is in the air....

Ahhhhh, Valentine's Day. Its amazing how a holiday can be experienced in so many ways. I am utterly in LOVE with my husband. Ironically, I have no desire to buy crap for him or desire to receive crap that he has bought for me. The best gift we can give each other is just taking some time to be together. Which we did this morning and it was wonderful. And free.

I have the urge to qualify my observations by saying they are coming from my "hippie" side.

But that is bull caca. Turning a holiday about love and romance into a reason to get people to spend money is ludicrous. It might be labeled a "hippie" thought - but its freakin true.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with promoting love, compassion, and peace. So my first Wednesday website is........

http://www.codepinkalert.org/


Plus it is PINK!

If you feel the urge to go spend some $$$$$ on Valentine's Day, spend it on Love's dirty - hippie cousin..........

PEACE

(and then go get a little dirty yourself *wink*)

No comments: