even if I make them!
So I am posting about books today.
I just finished reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. It is not the typical kind of book I read at all. I don't usually read older books. I must have read something about the book on the internets and put it on hold at the library. By the time I got it and started reading it - I had completely forgotten why I had ordered it from the library.
I am going to stop right here and recommend everyone start using their local library. You are already paying for it - freakin' use it to stuff your head with ideas/stories/music. What is life about, except for learning about cool shit?
Anyway I read the Woman in White and really enjoyed it. It takes place in the 1800's and is a darn good mystery. It also brings up the issues of women & marriage and how different classes act within a social construct. It puts forth a story in which the lower class/poor people and the higher class/rich people are not inherently good or bad - but behave in a certain manner because of the influence of the class system. I think this is an important concept in any era.
I have just started Chicken with Plums by Marjane Satrapi. I loved Persepolis and Embroideries by Satrapi, so I have high hopes. In fact Persepolis has a important place in my heart because I got it from the library for Jeff to read when we first started dating. We have absorbed so much information together since. We have become very odd (but knowledgeable) people in the past 2 years.
So I am going to recommend Marjane Satrapi's graphic novels to everyone. I freakin love graphic novels/comics and I recommend her books as a good starting point in the genre.
Well we resheduled our trip to Taos. I don't wanna mess with Mother Nature. I can feel a storm a brewin in Calhan and want to stay safe. Plus cuddling with my hhhhhaaaandsome husband during a blizzard sounds pretty great to me.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment